Applications for the summer of 2020 are now open!
There are three parts to this application, and all parts must be completed in order to be considered for this program. The final deadline for applying is February 1, 2020 at 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time.
If this is your first time using the Submittable application portal, you will be prompted to create a login with an email before you can view the application. There are three parts to this application: 1) Main form 2) Letter of Recommendation form 3) Transcript form. To be considered for this program you must complete all three forms by February 1, 2020 at 11:59pm PST. This will allow you to save and come back to your application, so please remember the password you use. We will not be able to retrieve your password for you if forgotten. We highly suggest using the email address you most frequently check when creating this login as we will be sending important emails to this address. Once you have created a login, you will be asked to personalize your account. This is not necessary to do and you can skip this step and go straight to the application if you want.
If you have any questions while filling out the application, please call: 734-936-0900 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each summer a scholar will receive:
- $4,400 stipend
- $300 discretionary fund for personal expenses related to the program (attire, supplies, etc.)
- $900 food stipend or allowance to help cover the costs of meals
- Housing expenses covered by the program
Who is eligible to apply for the Doris Duke Conservation Scholars Program at the University of Michigan?
You must be:
- A current freshman/frosh/first-year, sophomore, or junior enrolled in a college or university;
- A U.S. citizen, permanent resident or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA/DREAMers);
- Interested in conservation or the environment;
- A student in good standing with a grade point average of at least 2.75 out of 4.0.
2020 Tentative Application Dates
Application Opens November 8, 2019
Tentative Priority Date is January 10, 2020*
(*Complete applications will be reviewed and offers will be made beginning after the priority date.)
Application Closes February 1, 2020 11:59pm Pacific Time
Final notification of selection: February 19, 2020
2020 Program Dates
Year 1 Scholars: May 29 – July 26, 2020
Year 2 Scholars: June 5 – August 2, 2020
Alumni Administrative Assistants: May 29 – August 1, 2020